How To Handle The Holidays Like A ProDecember. It comes in hot and goes out in a flash. The holiday season is one where most people are filled with ‘holly-jolly’ and a gift-giving spirt. But
Selling Your Home In The Fall
Selling Your Home In The Fall
Although the spring months are notoriously the best time to buy real estate, fall may be the new ideal season to buy a home. Spring and summer can bring a very busy and unpredictable time. Schedules are different, vacations are in full swing and timing is difficult for both buyers and sellers in the market. Autumn brings a sense of normalcy and calm, where families have returned to normal routines and the stress of the winter holidays haven’t entered our heads yet. If fall seems like the best time for you to sell your home, attract autumn buyers with these helpful methods:
1. Clean up the Yard. Get rid of dead of leaves, grass and foliage on your lawn and in your garden. Be sure to keep the sunlight shining through your windows by keeping bushes and trees trimmed. This will also show off the exterior of your home. Autumn weather is a great time to clean up the exterior of your house - not too hot, and not too cold!
2. Create Curb Appeal. Did you know the most popular autumn flowers are chrysanthemums? These hearty fall flower comes in array of inviting colors and looks best when potted along the steps, on your walkway or front porch. Add a few festive pumpkins to the foliage and finish with a fun fall wreath! You’re home will surely get the attention it deserves.
3. Prepare your Fireplace. Create a visual for potential buyers by creating the perfect ambiance. There is no better scene for fall than a warm, cozy fireplace. If your fireplace hasn’t been cleaned out or used for months, be sure to take care of that and instead of lighting it, style it with these clever designer tricks.
4. Let the Light In! Let’s face it, summer is over and the darkness is setting in sooner with shorter days ahead. When showing the house, be sure to pull up the blinds, open the shutters and push back the drapes on every window. Turn on every light in the house to highlight the bright and airy feeling of your home. No one wants to feel trapped by gloomy shadows! Remember, with all of that light, you need to do a thorough cleaning of your entire house. Along with that light, potential buyers will see every speck of dust and dirt in your home.
5. Spice It Up. For many people, when you ask them what they love about fall, they’ll mention a certain scent that brings a warm and fuzzy feeling all over them. You can recreate this happy moment for them by preparing freshly baked pumpkin goods or serving up a classic apple cider on the stove. This cinnamon stick trick will knock their socks off, as soon as they walk through the front door! It's a fine balance between overwhelming and a soft warm scent, so keep that in mind!
6. Decorate with Warm Tones. It doesn’t take much to bring the season’s decor into your home. Set the mood with simple updates like adding a brightly colored pillow in warm red, golden orange or deep yellow tones to your sofa or armchair. Toss a textured plaid quilt on the end of your bed. Create your own table centerpiece like these ones to celebrate the harvest.
No matter what season you are selling in, one of the most important things you can do to improve your chance of offers, is to create a setting that people can actually see themselves living in. By doing some or all of the tips we’ve outlined today, you’ll be sure to attract some pretty happy buyers. And remember, our team at ART is here for you. We can help you create the best environment for the perfect offer!